Residents of Kuinet/Kapsuswa Ward in Soy Sub-County have welcomed ongoing road improvement works spearheaded by Governor Dr Jonathan Bii.
Governor Bii on Monday toured several key road projects in the ward to assess progress. He was accompanied by area MCA Rebecca Chirchir, County Executive Committee Member for Roads Abraham Serem, Chief Officer Geoffrey Tanui and Director of Engineering Julius Ronoh.
During the inspection, the Governor reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to inclusive growth and shared prosperity, noting that infrastructure development remains central to his development agenda.




“The improvement of these roads is part of a broader transformative effort to enhance connectivity and boost agriculture and the local economy,” he said, adding that the projects align with his administration’s infrastructure pillar aimed at improving accessibility across the county.
Area residents, led by MCA Rebecca Chirchir, commended the county government for rehabilitating roads that were severely damaged by heavy rains last year. Among the upgraded roads are the Cypress–Staree Road, Ngelo–Ack link roads, Kuinet Secondary Road and Menjenwo link roads.
Residents said the poor state of the roads had disrupted transport, particularly affecting access to schools and other essential social amenities in the ward.

